These Mars Bar Muffins are for the serious chocoholics out there!
If you love Mars Bars (and who doesn’t?!) then these easy Mars Bar Muffins are for you! These yummy chocolate muffins are choc full (pardon the pun!) of melted Mars Bar pieces and there are seriously indulgent.
I’ve been thinking of making these Mars Bar Muffins for a couple of years now (yep, it’s seriously been that long!) ever since I made my one bowl Chocolate Mars Bar Cake, little things like raising/having more kids and life just seemed to get in the way! Well the wait was certainly worth it (and my hips are also thanking me for not making them sooner!) as these muffins are ah-mazing! While they are perfectly fine to enjoy at room temperature, if you warm one up and add a scoop of ice-cream they make a great simple (but delicious) dessert.
Now I used 5 regular sized Mars Bars to make these muffins, however you could also use a pack of fun sized Mars Bars or even three of four regular size bars instead, I just wanted mine to be packed with Mars Bar pieces and have them oozing out of the top!
Thermomix Mars Bar Muffins Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 190C and line 1 ½ muffin trays (18 holes) with paper cases.
- Roughly chop the Mars Bars and set aside until needed.
- Chop the melted butter into pieces and place it into your Thermomix bowl. Cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt.
- Add the self raising flour, cocoa, cater sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla extract to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the chopped Mars Bar pieces to the Thermomix bowl and use your spatula to gently mix them through.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and place into the oven to bake for 18 – 20 minutes.