Prawn Cocktail Salad
This Prawn Cocktail Salad is inspired by the classic Prawn Cocktail appetisers many of us grew up with. It can be served on it’s own or as a side to your favourite meal/as part of a seafood buffet. Best of all, you can have it prepared and ready to enjoy within 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 people
Prawn Cocktail Sauce
- 4 tablespoon Woolworths Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon Ketchup
- ½ lemon juice only
Combine the cocktail sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside until needed.
Combine the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside until needed.
Finely chop the spring onions and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
Slice the avocado in half and remove the flesh before chopping into small pieces.
On a large plate, arrange half of the iceberg lettuce leaves before adding half of the chopped tomatoes, avocado, spring onions and prawns.
Add the remaining lettuce leaves and ingredients and lightly drizzle with lemon oil.
Arrange the lemon wedges around the salad and drizzle half of the cocktail sauce over the top before placing the remaining sauce into a small bowl to serve with the salad.
- You can purchase either cooked or uncooked prawns for this recipe - you will just need to cook and peel them before adding to the salad. You can check out the range of prawns available at Woolworths here.
- The cocktail sauce can be prepared a day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge until needed.
- I like to serve this salad on a large serving platter, however you can also pop it into a salad bowl if you prefer.
- It’s best to eat this Prawn Cocktail Salad on the day that you prepare it, however you can also pop any leftovers into the fridge to enjoy the next day.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 1062mg | Potassium: 588mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1385IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 2mg