Christmas Chocolate Ripple Cake
This easy Christmas Chocolate Ripple Cake is the perfect Christmas Day dessert to enjoy with your friends and family. The cake takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and can be made a day in advance if needed.
Servings: 10 people
Large Serving Plate
- 400 grams Chocolate Ripple Biscuits you will need two packs
- 900 mls Thickened Cream
- ¼ cup icing sugar 40 grams
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams M&M's
- 50 grams Flake Chocolate
- 80 grams Maltesers
- 50 grams Mint Chocolate Balls
- 75 grams Rasperry Lollies
Pour the thickened cream into a large bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and use an electric hand mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
Smear a little of the whipped cream onto the base of a large serving plate to make a circle - this will be your guide for arranging your wreath.
Place a little cream between two chocolate ripple biscuits and stand them on your plate in the cream.
Repeat until you have completed your wreath.
Use a spatula to spread a thick layer of cream all over your Chocolate Ripple Cake - you want to make sure it’s covered well and you can’t see any of the biscuits.
Carefully cover the cake (I use toothpicks to hold up the cling wrap) and place it into the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours to allow the cream and caramel to soften the biscuits.
When you are ready to serve, decorate with your favourite lollies and chocolates
- You will need thickened cream for this recipe - light versions will not work as they cannot be whipped. You will need 2 x 600ml bottles of cream to make a cake as pictured.
- You will also need two packs of Chocolate Ripple Biscuits for this recipe.
- The size and shape of this recipe can be varied.
- To cover, I suggest placing toothpicks around the cake and covering with cling wrap so that it is not touching the cream.
- I also suggest decorating the cake just prior to serving as some of the decorations (M&M's in particular) can run or discolour whilst stored in the fridge.
- This recipe is best made the day before it is needed.
Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 1341IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 2mg