Creamy Chicken Pie Recipe
These mini homemade Creamy Chicken Pies are are the ultimate comfort food! The pie filling takes less than 20 minutes to make and then all you need to do is enclose it in puff pastry and bake in your oven or pie maker! Both regular and Thermomix instructions included.
Servings: 8 pies
Pie Maker - optional
Air Fryer - optional
- 600 grams Chicken Breast or Thigh diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 4 slices short cut bacon diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 70 grams tasty cheese grated
- 50 grams parmesan cheese finely grated
- 2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 400 mls thickened cream
- 3 teaspoon cornflour
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry partially thawed. If you are baking in ramekins, you will only need 2 sheets of pastry.
- 1 egg beaten
Add the olive oil to your frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
Add the chopped chicken pieces and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until golden and almost cooked through.
Add the crushed garlic, bacon and leek pieces and stir. Cook for a further 3 -4 minutes or until the leek has softened.
Transfer the thickened cream to a jug and add the cornflour. Whisk though to incorporate.
Add the cream to the frying pan along with the mustard and grated cheeses. Gently stir to combine and cook until the sauce has thickened to your liking. If you are finding the sauce runny, add an extra teaspoon of cornflour.
Remove the frying pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
Cooking in Pie Maker - 8 Pies
Place the leek (cut into 4cm pieces), bacon and garlic cloves into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 3 seconds, speed 7.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add the chicken pieces (4cm pieces) and cook for 5 minutes, Varoma temperature, speed 2, REVERSE.
Add the wholegrain mustad, cornflour, cream, cheeses, salt and pepper and cook for 8 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 2, REVERSE.
Cooking in Oven - 6 pies
Pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and split the pie mixture evenly between 6 ramekins.
Cut a piece of pastry to cover the top and brush with the egg mixture. Place the ramekins onto a baking tray (to avoid any spills) and bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
Cooking in Air Fryer - 6 pies
Set your Air Fryer to 200 degrees and split the pie mixture evenly between 6 ramekins.
Cut a piece of pastry to cover the top and brush with the egg mixture. Place the ramekins into your Air Fryer and cook for 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- You can use either chicken breast or thigh for this recipe, chicken thighs will be more tender when cooked.
- As the pie mixture is already cooked, the cooking time will be reduced to the time it takes to cook the pastry,
- This recipe can be made into a large family sized pie, you will just need to add to the cooking time.
- Once cooked, these pies can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 3 days. Alternatively you can freeze.
- To re-heat, pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius (fan-forced) and cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until heated through when tested with a skewer.
Calories: 1030kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 74g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 35g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1113IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 199mg | Iron: 4mg