Beef Rissoles Recipe
This Beef Rissoles recipe is a great budget family meal and can be modified to suit all tastes! Both regular and Thermomix instructions included.
Servings: 10 Rissoles
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 carrot 100 grams
- 1 zucchini 120 grams
- 1 brown onion 100 grams
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
Grate the carrot, zucchini and brown onion and place into a large bowl
Crush the garlic cloves and add to the bowl.
Add the remaining ingredietns and using either your hands or a large metal spoon, break up the mince and mix together until combined.
Use a large spoon or a ¼ measuring cup to scoop up the mince mixture and shape into balls. Gently coat in flour and place onto a plate. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
Place the rissoles in a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Press down each pattie slightly and cook for approximately 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Add the onion (cut in half) and garlic cloves to Thermomix bowl. Mix for 3 seconds, speed 6.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the zucchini and carrot (both cut into 3cm pieces) and mix for 4 seconds on speed 5 or until desired consistency is reached.
Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and add the mince, sauces and egg (if using). Mix for 10 seconds, speed 5 - you may need to use the spatula to carefully push the mince down towards the blades.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 or until the mixture is well combined.
Follow method from step 4 as above.
- This recipe can be made egg free, however please note the egg does help bind the rissoles together better. To assist the rissoles binding, they can also be placed in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes before cooking,
- These rissoles can be frozen either before or after cooking, place in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to three months.
- You can substitute or add grated vegetables to this recipe. We also like to add sweet potato or pumpkin.
- Please note you can make smaller/larger rissoles (you will get around 10 from this recipe) however the cooking time will vary.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1083IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 2mg