Simple Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake
This simple Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake is the ultimate budget family weeknight dinner! It uses both pantry and freezer staples and can be modified to suit your taste.
Servings: 4 people
- 8 beef sausages you can use any type of sausages for this recipe
- 4 corn cobbs fresh or frozen
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 cup beans fresh or frozen
- 1 and ½ cups chicken stock you can also use bone broth if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and set aside a large baking tray or dish.
Arrange the sausages, sweet potato, carrot and corn on your baking tray.
In a jug, add the chicken stock and onion flakes.
Whisk to combine, and then slowly add the cornflour while continuing to whisk.
Carefully pour the mixture over the tray with the sausages and vegetables and place into the oven for 30 minutes to cook.
After 30 minutes, carefully add the beans and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the sausages have cooked through.
You can use any type of sausages for this recipe, please note that if using 'thick' sausages they may take longer to cook.
You can also modify the vegetable used in this recipe and use a mixture of fresh and frozen.