Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
This easy Self Saucing Butterscotch Pudding is incredibly simple to make and it's the perfect comfort food dessert.
Servings: 8 people
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 100 grams butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 & 1/2 cups boiling water
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a 6 cup baking dish.
Place the self raising flour and 1/4 cup of brown sugar into a large bowl and stir to combine.
Add the milk, 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, egg, vanilla extract and melted butter and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Transfer the mixture to your baking dish.
Combine the cornflour and remaining brown sugar in a small bowl, before sprinkling over the top of the pudding.
Carefully pour the boiling water over the top before popping into your oven to bake for 35 minutes or until the pudding is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- You can use different size baking dishes for this recipe, however your cooking time will vary.
- As there can be variances between different ovens, I suggest checking your pudding after 30 minutes of baking time to ensure that it doesn't over cook.
- When pouring the boiling water over the pudding, slowly pour the water onto the back of a spoon to help minimise the splash back.