Christmas Trifle Recipe
This gorgeous Christmas Trifle Recipe makes the most of in season berries and is the perfect simple summer dessert!
- 85 grams strawberry jelly crystals 1 pack
- 600 mls thickened cream
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 800 grams jam swiss roll
- 1 Litre vanilla custard you can either make your own or buy a bottle already pre-made
- 500 grams strawberries
- 250 grams blueberries
- 250 grams raspberries
Make your jelly as per the packet instructions and pour it into a large bowl and place into the fridge to set.
Cut the jam swiss roll into 1cm pieces.
Thinly slice the strawberries and set aside until needed.
Place the cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Set aside until needed.
Arrange ½ of the jam swiss roll slices over the base of a 3L serving bowl and top with ½ jelly, ½ of the custard and ⅓ of the berries. You can arrange the sliced strawberries around the outside of the bowl for a nice effect.
Repeat in the same order again to fill your serving bowl. Add a layer of cream on top and sprinkle the remaining berries over the top.
Place your trifle into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- When making this Christmas recipe you can really be as creative as you like when it comes to adding the layers, I like to thinly slice the strawberries lengthways to decorate the sides of the serving bowl, however if you are pressed for time, you can easily skip this step.
- You can also use either homemade or store bought custard for this recipe, you will just need around one litre in total.
- You can also put this Trifle together the day before, just cover it with some cling wrap to help stop the whipped cream from 'drying' out.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 523kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 263mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 1033IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 3mg