Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake
Topped with Tim Tams and Maltesers, this easy Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake is guaranteed to become a new favourite! You will love how simple this Choc Ripple Cake is to put together and you can also make it a day in advance before you need to serve it. This dessert is certainly one just for the adults and it is perfect for your next special occasion.
Servings: 10 people
- 600 mls thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cocoa
- 60 grams Baileys Irish Cream 2 shots
- 250 grams Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 6 Tim Tams roughly chopped
- 200 grams Maltesers
Pour the thickened cream into a large bowl and add the icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla extract. Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
Add the Baileys Irish Cream and lightly whisk to combine.
Place a large serving plate onto your bench and place a little of the whipped cream onto the base, as this will help support your filled biscuits.
Place a little cream between two chocolate ripple biscuits and stand them on your plate in the cream. Repeat until you have completed your Chocolate Ripple log.
Use a spatula to spread a thick layer of cream all over your Chocolate Ripple Cake. Make sure it’s covered well and you can’t see any of the biscuits.
Carefully place the Maltesers around the base of your Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake and decorate the top with chopped pieces of Tim Tam Biscuits and extra Maltesers.
Carefully cover your Chocolate Ripple Cake and place in the fridge for 4+ hours to allow the biscuits to soften.
- Make sure the cream you buy to use in this recipe can be whipped.
- You can increase the amount of Baileys you use in the cream for a boozier version.
- This Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake is certainly a version just for the adults thanks to the addition of two shots of Irish Cream to the whipped Chocolate Cream mixture, although you do want to make it family friendly (and share with the kids!) then you can easily leave the Baileys out.
- Like all Chocolate Ripple cake recipes, there really isn't too much involved putting this recipe together, do try to make it a few hours in advance (preferably at least 4 hours) as this will give the Baileys flavoured chocolate cream a chance to soak right into the chocolate ripple biscuits to create a lovely and soft texture.
- To store, carefully cover it with some cling wrap or pop into an airtight container and keep refrigerated until needed.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 886IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg