Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 420 g can creamed corn
- 125 g can corn kernels drained, rinsed
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken - a BBQ chicken from the supermarket works perfectly or 2 small chicken breasts poached and shredded
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour dissolved in a little water
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
Place stock, garlic, creamed corn, corn kernels, half the spring onion and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to low.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add chicken, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Stir to combine.
Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through - after 5 minutes add the cornflour dissolved in a little water and stir.
Gradually drizzle in the whisked egg white and stir.
Divide between bowls.
Top with remaining onion and extra soy sauce (optional)
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg