Easy Hedgehog Slice
This easy Hedgehog Slice is super simple and needs just SIX ingredients! Both regular and Thermomix instructions included.
Servings: 24 pieces
- 500 grams Marie Biscuits 2 packs
- 250 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 395 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 180 grams milk chocolate
Line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty hanging over the edges to help you remove the slice once it has set.
Place one pack of biscuits into a food processor and blitz until finely crushed, add the second pack and blitz again until they have broken into large pieces. Alternatively you can just use a rolling pin to crush your biscuits! Place the crushed biscuits into a large bowl and set aside until needed.
Melt the butter using a microwave safe bowl and cooking for 30 second spurts until it has just metled.
Pour the melted butter into the bowl with the crushed biscuits and add the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa and coconut. Using a large metal spoon, mix until the ingredients are combined. Pour the mixture into your prepared slice tin and flatten the surface with the back of a spoon.
Place the milk chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts (mixing in between) until it's just melted. Pour over the top of the slice and place in the fridge for two hours or until set.
Line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin with baking paper, making sure you leave plenty hanging over the edges to help you remove the slice once it’s set.
Place one pack of the plain biscuits into your Thermomix Bowl and crush for 3 seconds on speed 4. Add the second pack and crush for a further 3 seconds on speed 4 – use your spatular/ wooden spoon to roughly break up any large biscuits and pour into a separate bowl and set aside until needed.
Pour the condensed milk into your Thermomix Bowl and add the butter (3cm pieces) and cocoa. Cook for 2 minutes on 60 degrees speed 1 or until the butter has completely melted.
Add the biscuits and coconut to your Thermomix Bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 REVERSE or until the mixture has combined.
Pour the mixture into your prepared slice tin and flatten the surface with the back of a metal spoon.
Clean your Thermomix Bowl and make sure it’s completely DRY before adding the chocolate pieces. Cook for 2 minutes on 50 degrees speed 3 or until the chocolate has completely melted.
Pour melted chocolate over the top of your slice and place it in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Make sure your baking tin has high sides as this is a BIG slice recipe.
- I like to use a 20cm square cake tin for this recipe to give me thick pieces. You can use an 18 x 28cm slice tray though if you prefer. Please note using a different size/shaped tin will impact the setting time of the slice.
- You will need two packs of biscuits for this recipe. You can also use any type of plain biscuit.
- I recommend using cocoa rather than cacao for this recipe.
- I also recommend using regular sweetened condensed milk and not a light or skim version as the slice will not hold together quite as well.
- This slice can be topped with dark chocolate if you prefer. You can also add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the melted chocolate which will assist in preventing the chocolate layer from cracking when slicing through.
- To store, place in an airtight container into the fridge and enjoy within 7 days.
- This slice is not freezer friendly when topped with chocolate, however you can freeze the un-iced slice for up to two months.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg