Bacon and Cheese Cobb Loaf Recipe
My famous creamy Bacon and Cheese Cob Loaf is the ultimate comfort food! The Cheese and Bacon Dip can be made up to two days in advance and then added to your Cob Loaf before popping into the oven.
Servings: 8 people
- 275 grams Cream Cheese softened
- ⅔ cup thickened cream
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 spring onions
- 4 rashers short cut bacon
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Cobb Loaf
Line a tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the 'lid'. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
Slice the bacon and spring onions into small pieces and place them into a frying pan and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until the bacon has turned a golden brown colour. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream and cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and on a medium speed, beat until combined.
Add the grated cheeses as well as the cooked bacon and spring onions and a little salt and pepper to the bowl and stir through until combined.
Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed out Cobb Loaf before place the lid back on and cover the top with foil before placing onto the covered baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces to the tray. Bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until the bread pieces turn golden brown.
- To save time, you can pre-cook your bacon and spring onions and store in your fridge until needed.
- This recipe can be made the day before it's needed, to re-heat just cover it in foil and bake in a 190 degree oven until the dip is heated through.
- It's best to use softened cream cheese as it will make mixing the ingredients together much easier.
- You can add extra ingredients to this recipe, corn kernels, spinach leaves and sun dried tomatoes are some of our favourite add ins.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1139IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 1mg