Thermomix Chocolate Cake Recipe
This simple Thermomix Chocolate Cake can be ready to enjoy in just 40 minutes and is made with pantry staples.
Servings: 12 people
- 90 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 175 grams self raising flour
- 130 grams milk
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius (fan forced) and line the base of a 28 x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
Place the butter (which has been cubed) into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 65 degrees on speed 2.
Add the self raising flour, cocoa, caster sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla essence to your thermomix bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4 before scraping down the sides and mixing for a further 7 seconds on speed 4 or until combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Allow cake to cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ice cake with a plain chocolate icing
- I like to make this simple Chocolate Cake using a slice tin as it goes further and cuts into smaller size pieces which is great for the kids.
- This cake can be baked in a variety of cake tins, please note the cooking time will vary if using a tin other than the one specified in the method below.
- You can freeze this cake either iced or un-iced for up to three months.
- You can also make this recipe as muffins, find the cooking instructions here.
- The BEST way to enjoy this cake however, is by cutting off a big end piece (the best slice!) while it's still warm and alongside a glass of milk - yum!
- Don't worry if you don't have a Thermomix, you can find the regular instructions for this Simple Chocolate Cake here.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg