Cheesy Potato Bake Recipe
This Cheesy Potato Bake is comfort food at its very best! Made using just five ingredients, this family favourite is perfect enjoyed alongside your favourite meal or on its own. You can also add bacon pieces if you would prefer a meaty version.
Servings: 6 people
- 600 mls thickened cream
- 1.5 kilograms potatoes peeled
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon english mustard
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- salt and pepper
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and lightly grease a 20cm square baking dish.
Peel the potatoes and finely slice - I find the easiest way to do this is with a mandolin.
Add the mustard, crushed garlic and cream together into a jug and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Lightly whisk to mix the mustard through.
Arrange ⅓ of the potatoes across the bottom of the baking dish, add ⅓ of the grated cheese. Add ⅓ of the combined milk and cream.
Repeat the above step until you have three layers.
Place into the oven to bake for 60 - 70 minutes until golden on top and the potatoes have cooked through,
Carefully remove from the oven and let the potato bake sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- I find the easiest way to slice the potatoes evenly is to use a mandolin. Alternatively you can slice them with a knife.
- The time it takes for the potatoes to cook through will depend on their thickness, I recommend carefully poking a knife into the potato bake to check if it's cooked.
- The 'sauce' will be runny when served straight from the oven, it will thicken if left to sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, this recipe can be stored in the fridge and then enjoyed within 3 days.
- This recipe can be frozen, however the cream may split a little once reheated.
Calories: 617kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 157mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 1153mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1666IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 2mg