Easy Cheese Sauce Recipe
This simple Cheese Sauce (White Sauce) Recipe is perfect served alongside silverside (corned beef), as a topping for your lasagna and pasta bake or served over veggies.
Prep Time2 minutes mins
Cook Time5 minutes mins
Total Time7 minutes mins
Servings: 6 people
Thermomix - optional
- 2 tablespoons butter 30 grams
- 2 tablespoons plain flour 20 grams
- 1 cup milk 250 grams
- 1 cup tasty cheese 100 grams
- ½ cup parmesan cheese 50 grams
- pinch Salt and pepper Use white pepper if you don't want black pepper flakes in you sauce.
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Grate the cheeses and set aside until needed.
Place all ingredients into a saucepan (not over heat).
Turn on the stove to a medium high heat and using a whisk stir constantly until mixture thickens just below boiling point. This should only take a few minutes.
Remove sauce from stove top and if not using immediately, cover the top with a piece of cling film to stop a skin from forming.
Place 3cm cubes pieces of the tasty and parmesan cheese into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 10 or until finely grated.
Add the butter, plain flour, milk, nutmeg and salt and pepper to your Thermomix bowl and cook for 7 minutes at 80 degrees on speed 4.
- You can use just Tasty (Cheddar) Cheese for this recipe if you don't have any parmesan cheese.
- This Cheese Sauce can be frozen, however I would recommend using it within 24 hours of making for best results.
- This Cheese Sauce can be made a 2-3 days in advance, store covered in the fridge until needed.
- I prefer to use a mixture of tasty (cheddar) and parmesan cheese when making cheese sauce as this combination helps to give added flavour.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 328IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 1mg