Beef and Vegetable Sausage Rolls
This easy Beef and Vegetable Sausage Rolls recipe is the perfect party food, snack, easy dinner or lunch box treat! These Sausage Rolls are also freezer friendly and both regular and Thermomix instructions included.
Servings: 36 sausage rolls
- 4 sheets ready made puff pastry
- 500 grams beef mince
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 brown onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon worcestireshire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce or tomato chutney
- pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 egg
Preheat your oven to 220 degrees celsius - fan forced.
Remove four slices of puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw slightly.
Combine mince, grated veggies, garlic, sauces, mixed herbs and salt and pepper in a bowl. Using a large spoon mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
Lightly beat the egg into a cup.
Cut a sheet of pastry in half, and brush one edge of each piece lightly with the egg.
Then using a large spoon, scoop ⅛ of the meat mixture and gently squeeze out any excess moisture. Place in the middle of the pastry sheet and then roll the pastry over the to to close. Repeat until all of the meat/pastry has been used.
Cut each roll into six equal pieces and place onto your baking trays.
Brush the tops of the sausage rolls with the egg before placing into your pre-heated oven to bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until pastry has turned golden brown. The baking time will vary depending on the size of your sausage rolls.
Carefully remove the baking trays from your oven and allow the sausage rolls to cool slighly for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can add any type of grated vegetables to this recipe.
- These sausage rolls are freezer friendly either before they are baked or once baked.
- The time it takes to bake your sausage rolls will depend on the size you cut them - eg larger sausage rolls will take longer to cook through.
- It's important to squeeze the liquid out of the meat mixture before adding it to your pastry as this will help to make the bases of the sausage rolls crispy.
- I like to lightly coat a non stick baking tray with oil before placing the sausage rolls onto it to bake.
- You can find the Thermomix instructions for this recipe here.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 598IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg