Easy Trifle Recipe
My Classic Trifle Recipe is the ultimate no bake dessert! It can be made a day or two in advance, ingredients can be modified to suit your preferences and it also feeds a crowd!
Servings: 10 people
- 2 x raspberry jelly 85 gram packs
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 395 gram tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- 400 grams jam swiss roll
- 830 gram fruit salad drained
- 400 gram sliced peaches drained
- 500 ml vanilla custard you can either make your own or buy a bottle already pre-made
- 50 grams flaked almonds toasted
Make your jelly as per the packet instructions and pour it into a large bowl and place into the fridge to set.
Drain the fruit salad and peaches and set aside until needed.
Cut the jam swiss roll into 1cm pieces.
Place the cream and condensed milk into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Set aside until needed.
Arrange half of the jam swiss roll slices over the base of a 3L serving bowl and top with ½ of the custard, half the fruit salad and peach slices, half of the jelly and half of the cream. Repeat in the same order until your serving bowl is filled and a layer of cream is on top. Place your trifle into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
Sprinkle the toasted flaked almonds over the top of your trifle just before serving.
- If you are planning to serve a Trifle for dessert, it really is best to try and make it a day in advance, as this gives the jam roll enough time to absorb juice from the fruit as well as letting the flavours combine.
- You can use any type of tinned fruit for this recipe, it's also delicious (and sweet!) when made with tinned apricots or pears.
- The addition of sweetened condensed milk gives the whipped cream a sweet flavour. You can omit it if you wish.
- To store any leftovers, place the Trifle into the fridge and cover with cling wrap. It's best enjoyed within 2 - 3 days.
Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 520mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 1443IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 269mg | Iron: 2mg