The Best Potato Salad Recipe
With a creamy homemade dressing, this easy Potato Salad really is the BEST!
- 1.5 kg baby potatoes
- 3 spring onions - finely diced
- 4 slices short cut bacon - finely diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Cut the potatoes in half and add to a pot of salted boiling water to cook.
Meanwhile, place the bacon and spring onions into a frying pan and cook until the bacon begins to brown.
Drain the cooked potatoes and place into a large serving bowl. Add the cooked bacon and spring onions along with the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and salt and pepper.
Carefully mix until all of the ingredients have combined.
Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place into the fridge until ready to enjoy
- I prefer to leave the skin on the potatoes when I make this recipe.
- I use whole egg mayonnaise for this recipe, you can use ‘light’ mayonnaise, however the flavour might be different.
- While the potatoes are boiling and the bacon is cooking, prepare your dressing. For best results, carefully combine all of the ingredients together while still warm.
- This salad can be made up to two days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s best enjoyed within four days of preparing.
Calories: 822kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 1704mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg