This post is sponsored by Hunter Heritage Gourmet Foods
It’s no secret that I love an easy meal, and they sure don’t get much easier than this Warm Chicken Salad!
I was sent some samples from the Simply Stirred range of Marinades and Dressings from Hunter Heritage Gourmet Foods to try, and thought it was the perfect opportunity to try something a little different when it comes to our usual summer ‘chicken and salad’ dinner. While you only need a few ingredients, this salad is packed full of flavour thanks to the yummy Simply Stirred Soy, Chilli and Lime marinade and Vietnamese Mint and Coconut salad dressing I used from the Simply Stirred range.
Simply Stirred produce an award winning range of salad dressings, caramelised balsamics, marinades, relishes, stir fry pastes and mayonnaise, many of which are inspired by asian flavours. Simply Stirred has won a number of awards over the past six years from food shows all around Australia, and their products are highly sought after thanks to their authentic flavours. They have recently added an impressive 18 dinner packs to their range, which include: Curry and European packs along with couscous, quinoa and rice. These dinner packs are all simple to prepare and take no time at all to create a delicious healthy meal for your family.
During the warmer months, chicken and salad is our go to easy week night dinner, as it’s something our whole family will eat – always a bonus! This Warm Chicken Salad is certainly a family friendly meal, and while there is a little heat in the marinated chicken, it was still mild enough for both of our boys to enjoy. To cut down on the time spent in the kitchen in the afternoon (which we all want!), you can prepare the salad ingredients in advance, and simply add the cashews and dressing just before you serve.
Warm Chicken Salad
- 500 g of skinless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup of Simply Stirred Soy Chilli and Lime Marinade
- ½ red cabbage
- ½ green cabbage
- 2 carrots - peeled
- 3 spring onions - thinly sliced
- ½ cup of roasted cashews
- Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing to taste
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and place into a container.
- Pour the Simply Stirred Soy, Chilli and Lime Marinade over the top of the sliced chicken strips and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours - or overnight if you prefer.
- When you are ready to put your salad together, thinly slice the red cabbage, green cabbage and place into a large bowl. Thinly slice the carrots and spring onions and add these along with the roasted cashews to the bowl. ?Drizzle with 2 - 3 tablespoons of Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing (you can add more or less if you prefer) and gently toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge until needed.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the marinated chicken strips. Cook for approximately 5 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 3 - 4 minutes or until cooked through - please note your cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken strips.
- While the chicken strips are cooking, divide your salad mixture amongst four plates and top with the cooked chicken strips, added directly from the frying pan.
- Serve with wedges of lime and extra Simply Stirred Vietnamese Mint and Coconut Dressing.
Hunter Heritage Gourmet Foods is a proud manufacturer and wholesaler of a number of premium brands of gourmet foods exclusively from the Hunter Valley in New South Wales, including Pudding Lady, Simply Stirred and Splash. They also provide a great range of food gifts, perfect for the foodie in your life including Gold Medal winning Salad Dressing packs from Simply Stirred, Salad Dressing Samplers and classic confectionary. To view the range and place your order, simply visit their website.