I have no idea why I waited to long to make these delicious (and totally addictive!) easy Snickerdoodles recipe as they are just AMAZING!!
If you like cinnamon you are going to LOVE these easy Snickerdoodles and I’m confident you won’t be able to stop yourself at just one! These Snickerdoodles taste eerily similar to a Cinnamon Doughnut, and because they are small you can totally eat more of them and not feel guilty right?!?!
There was no way I could stop at trying just one, and I will admit to devouring 4 of them… Oh well, looks like I’m off to the gym tonight!
- 250 g plain flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 125 g butter at room temperature
- 100 g + 2 extra tbsp of caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper
- Combine the flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt and set aside
- On a small plate, combine additional 2 tbsp of caster sugar and cinnamon
- Cream the butter with 100g of the caster sugar until light and fluffy, gradually beat in egg and vanilla extract
- Add the dry ingredients and stir through until a smooth dough forms
- Using a tablespoon, form a small ball of dough and then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place on baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes, your Snickerdoodles should be golden.
- Cool on trays for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack.