This simple Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake is a yummy and easy family dinner that uses pantry/freezer staples.
When it comes to easy dinners, it honestly doesn’t get any easier than this Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake. This is a great recipe to make on those busy weeknights, or on the weekend when your grocery supplies are low!
If a meal includes sausages, I’m guaranteed that my boys will eat it (this Curried Sausage Pasta is also a favourite) and I wasn’t wrong when I made this meal a few weeks ago. I used an 8 pack of sausages, however if you are feeding a crowd you can certainly add more (or less) if needed. I also used a mixture of fresh and frozen vegetables – if using frozen veggies there is no need to defrost them first.
Along with being SO EASY to put together, I also I can just pop this into the oven and 45 minutes a tasty (and relatively healthy) dinner is ready for us to enjoy.
How to Make This Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake:
- You can use any type of sausages for this recipe, just be mindful that if you use ‘thick’ sausages, they may take a little longer to cook.
- I used a mixture of fresh and frozen vegetables for this recipe.
- If using frozen vegetables, you do not need to defrost them first.
- To bulk up this meal, you can also serve it with some boiled rice.
- You can use bone broth instead of stock for the sauce.
- I used onion flakes for the sauce, however you can use a fresh brown onion instead.
- This recipe is also freezer friendly.
You can find more easy family dinner ideas in this post.
Simple Sausage and Vegetable Tray Bake
- 8 beef sausages you can use any type of sausages for this recipe
- 4 corn cobbs fresh or frozen
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 cup beans fresh or frozen
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken stock you can also use bone broth if you prefer
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and set aside a large baking tray or dish.
- Arrange the sausages, sweet potato, carrot and corn on your baking tray.
- In a jug, add the chicken stock and onion flakes.
- Whisk to combine, and then slowly add the cornflour while continuing to whisk.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the tray with the sausages and vegetables and place into the oven for 30 minutes to cook.
- After 30 minutes, carefully add the beans and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the sausages have cooked through.
You can also find more Family Dinner ideas in my book ‘Family Dinners Made Easy’ You can view the recipes included here.