Today the lovely Steph from Steph’s Joy is my guest and is sharing her AMAZING recipe for Salted Pretzel Caramel Slice – yum!
I love caramel slice, it is one of my all time favourites, but I really find that the traditional base is just not to my liking. Sometimes just a bit too hard. It just so happens that there was a few bags(half opened might I add) sitting in the cupboard. Of late, I into using what I have and not wasting ie throwing it out if I don’t have to, and since my Little Man is not into pretzels as much I decided to make this Salted Pretzel Caramel Slice. It creates a texture sensation that my household loves. Do try it out and let me know what you think!
Salted Pretzel Caramel Slice
- 140 g pretzels crushed
- 100 g butter
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tins of condensed milk
- ⅓ cup of golden syrup
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 200 g Chocolate - 70% cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees for a fan forced oven.
- Melt butter and mix in with brown sugar and combine well.
- Mix in the pretzels
- Press into a lined sliced tin.
- Bake in oven till golden brown approx 10-12 minutes. This will be bubbly and quite soft, don't panic. Just let it cool down before you place the caramel mixture on it.
- Over a low heat combine the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow to cool before pouring over the pretzel base.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool before decorating with chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; stir until combined and smooth. (You can also melt this in the microwave as you would normally do.) Pour over the caramel mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cutting up and serving.
Thanks so much Steph, I wish I was eating a pieces of this Salted Pretzel Caramel Slice right now!! You can visit Steph’s blog here or you can also check out her Facebook page.