It should come as no surprise that our kitchen is my favourite room in our house. It’s the centre of our home, where we cook, bake, eat, laugh, argue and play together.
Unfortunatley I don’t have the same feelings about our laundry. With two little boys (as well as a big boy who seems to go through more clothes than the kids combined!) there is a NEVER ENDING pile of washing spewing out of the hamper and onto the floor. There are clothes piled in various heaps, colours in one pile, the kids stuff in another and whites always separate. Growing up the one thing my Mum always drummed into us when it came to doing the laundry (not that my sister or I ever did anyway) was that you ALWAYS washed your whites separately. While this is good in theory, splitting our clothes into separate loads makes the whole process much longer.
So when the opportunity to review Radiant No Sort Laundry Powder came up, I was eager to to give it a go – anything that will reduce the loads of washing I do is worth a try! Radiant comes in a both top and front loader friendly powder thanks to it’s anti foaming technology. It’s ideal for everyday washing and is tough on stains whilst also protecting your clothes – this gives it a big tick from me already!
Radiant has put it’s products through tough real life tests as part of their Radiant Return campaign. Clothes are purchased, put through incredibly tough real life tests, washed and then returned to the store. The videos are great, and you can find them on the Radiant Return website or watch my favourite “Nonna’s House” here.
To carry out our own Radiant Return test, I included one of our toddler’s filthy white shirts – and yes I know putting a two year old in a white shirt is just looking for trouble, but he just looks too cute in white! I also included a few coloured shirts, tea towels and even one of my husbands work shirts in the wash, to really put this No Sort Laundry Powder to the test! As I hadn’t pre-soaked the shirt, or added any additional products, I admit I wasn’t confident many of the stains would come out.
It was a pleasant surprise when I saw how clean and white the shirt was when it came out of the wash. I was really impressed with it’s whiteness, especially as it was washed in the same load as colours. The clothes all looked and smelt ‘fresh’ and I was very happy how well the stains had been removed, whilst keeping the colour of the clothesintact. This comes down to all Radiant products using Colour Guard Technology which helps to keep your clothes looking new for longer. This is especially important in our house where hand me downs are a part of life – while this shirt belongs to our big boy now, his baby brother will be wearing it in years to come.
As much as it went against everything I have ever been taught when it comes to washing clothes, I was really impressed with Radiant’s No Sort Powder and will continue to use it. Being able to combine colours really reduces the number of laundry loads I need to do and the time I spend in the laundry which is a big win for me!
As well as this ‘No Sort’ variety, Radiant also comes in ‘Senistive and Brilliant White & Sharper Colours. You can find out more about these products on the Radiant Return website.
For your chance to win a $50 Big W Gift Voucher, generously donated by Radiant, all you need to do is come up with the most creative and interesting answer to the following question:
“Which variety of Radiant do you most need in your house and why”
(Please see below for terms and conditions)
Linking up with The Multitasking Mummy for Mummy Mondays
* This is not a sponsored post. I was provided with a box of Radiant No Sort Laundry Powder to review. I have not been paid for this post and all opinions are my own.
Terms and Conditions
1. This is a game of skill, not chance. Each entry will be judged on creativity.
2. Entries for this competition open on Monday 30th of June at 4.ooam and close Monday 7th of July at 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
3. There will be only one winner who will receive one $50 Big W Gift Card.
4. This prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash
5. All entrants must be Australian residents aged 18 or over.
6. A valid email address must be supplied with each entry, the winner will be notified via email and also posted of Facebook and must respond within 4 working days, otherwise the winner will be redrawn.
7. This is not a Facebook competition or endorsed by Facebook in anyway.
8. The prize will be issued by Nuffnang and will not be replaced in the event of it being lost, damaged or stolen during transit/after delivery.