If you are looking for a fail safe cookie recipe, this has to be it. I have made this recipe countless times and have never had a baking fail. You can even freeze the dough, so you can have warm fresh cookies whenever you feel the urge – admittedly for me this would probably be EVERY SINGLE DAY!
This is a Donna Hay recipe, and so versatile you can have a play with different flavours and combinations. Peanut M&Ms are my FAVOURITE, so it was only natural I would eventually use them in my baking. I know it’s a big call, but I think these Peanut M&M Cookies would have to be up there amongst my favourite recipes!
Learn how to make these Peanut M&M Cookies here:
Peanut M&M Cookies
- 125 g butter - softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour - sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 x 250g pack of Peanut M&Ms.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir through the flour, baking powder, coconut and M&Ms.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking tray, make sure to give them room to spread.
- Lightly flatten the tops of the cookies before placing into the oven to bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on trays before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Linking up with the lovely Grace from With Some Grace today for FYBF
Do you have a favourite M&M flavour?
What is your favourite Cookie recipe?