I’ve mentioned recently that I think peanut butter and chocolate are made for each other and since so many of you agreed, I decided it was only fair to share another yummy and most importantly easy peanut butter and chocolate recipe with you all.
This recipe for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pudding Pots reminds me a lot of a thick and creamy custard – in fact if you leave these to cool complexity in the fridge for a little while, they transform into a thick yet smooth consistency and remind me of one of my favourite treats from when I was young – Yogo.
My boys love these and call them “chocolate yoghurt” and they are a great occasional treat.
You can enjoy these little chocolate pots of deliciousness all on their own, or add some slice banana or strawberries to give you an extra hit of sweetness and help ease the guilt of eating this decadent dessert.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Pudding Pots
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 banana sliced into pieces to serve
- Chop the milk chocolate into small pieces and measure out the peanut butter. Set both ingredients aside until needed.
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar, cornflour and cocoa. Add the milk and cream and whisk together over a medium high heat until the mixture starts to bubble and come to the boil.
- Cook for one minute before removing from the heat, add the peanut butter and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Divide amongst 4 small bowls and allow it to cool slightly.
What is your favourite peanut butter and chocolate recipe?