I recently made an important (not to mention exciting!) discovery at the supermarket – you can now buy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
Naturally I couldn’t resist popping a couple (ok six) into my shopping trolley with no clue of what I’d actually use them for. After sitting in the pantry for a week and catching my husband just about to unwrap one, I knew it was time to do something with them. With no other great ideas and a suffering a lack of inspiration I decided to play it safe and make brownies.
I’ve used this brownie recipe before as a base for my Twix Brownies and Snickers Brownies so I had no doubt these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies would be a hit
If you don’t know what Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are then you really need to pay a trip to your local supermarket and check them out – you won’t regret it!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- ¾ cup of cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup plain flour
- 6 x 42g Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper - this will help you to remove the brownies once they are cooked.
- In a large saucepan (you want it to be big enough to add the extra ingredients to later), melt the butter, cocoa and sugar over a low heat – stirring continuously.
- Add the vanilla essence and egg - whisking the mixture as you go.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and whisk to combine.
- Spoon half the mixture into the cake tin and carefully place 9 Peanut Butter Cups on top.
- Cut the remaining Peanut Butter Cups into large chunks.
- Add the remaining brownie mixture to cover the Peanut Butter Cups and sprinkle the cut pieces over the top before placing into the oven to bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow Brownie to cool in the tin before removing, cut into small pieces - or large pieces - there's not judgement here!
Thermomix Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place the sugar, butter and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and melt for 3 minutes on speed 2 at 65 degrees or until melted.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
4. Add the flour and mix for 5 seconds on speed 4 before scraping down the sides and mixing for another 10 seconds on speed 4.
Follow as per the conventional recipe method from step 5 onwards.
If you want to make these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies even MORE indulgent (if that’s even possible!) melt a little milk chocolate and drizzle over the top of the cooled brownies – you can thank me later.
Have you made any exciting discoveries at the supermarket lately?