Welcome to Fabulous Foodie Fridays! We would like to thank you all for your overwhelming support with the launch of our Ebook. We have been blown away by your support and feel incredibly humbled by all of your kind words.
Last week we had a phenomenal 55 recipes linked up – Thank you!! The only problem with so many amazing recipes being linked up, is that it makes it all the more difficult to choose only five recipes for our weekly picks! Here are a few of my favourites from last week:
I’m always looking for new recipes that my boys will enjoy and I couldn’t go past this Chipolata Sausage Cassoulet from All Mum Said.
It has been RIDICULOUSLY hot in Brisbane over the past week – so hot that even our pool has felt warm! This Apple and Ginger Iced Green Tea from Insatiable Munchies would be the perfect way to cool down, I’m definitely making it this weekend!
My Nan used to make a batch of Cherry Ripe Slice each year for my birthday when I was young, however I think this version from The nOATbook looks just as good and maybe even better – shhh don’t tell my Nan!
With Christmas just round the corner, I couldn’t help but choose a couple of Christmas themed recipes this week.
These Christmas Tree Pizzas from Pretty Wee Things are so cute, I can’t wait to make them with my boys!
I’m always on the look out for Christmas recipes I can give as gifts, and this Candy Cane Chocolate Bark by Just a Mum would make a great gift for Teachers and friends.
Don’t forget to check out Lucy’s picks over at Bake Play Smile.
I don’t know about you, but for us the party season seems to have started a whole lot earlier this year than it has in the past. For the past month we’ve had parties and events on every weekend, and it doesn’t look as though it will let up now until after Christmas. This weeks recipe is an easy Haloumi, Kabana and Tomato Salad – perfect for to use up some of those party leftovers.
Personally we didn’t feel as though this salad needed any further dressing besides the lemon and juices from the cooked cabana and tomatoes, but you could always add a little olive oil or your favourite salad dressing to give it a bit more of a kick.
To make this salad (serves 2 adults) you will need:
200g of Kabana
100g of Haloumi
1/2 Lemon cut into wedges
125g (half a container) of cherry tomatoes
200g of rocket and baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste.
Let’s put it together!
Slice the Kabana, Haloumi and Tomatoes into small pieces.
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
Add the chopped tomatoes, kabana and haloumi to the flying pan and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until the kabana and haloumi begins to brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Divide the Baby Spinach and Rocket leaves between two plates. Add the cooked haloumi, kabana and cherry tomatoes and drizzle with a little bit of the pan oil.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a lemon wedge.
What is your favourite party food?
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!