Welcome to the last Fabulous Foodie Fridays for 2015!
After having a chat, Lucy and I have decided we will be taking ALL of January off from this awesome party. It’s been a big year and to be honest we are a little pooped! How are all of your Christmas preparations going? I finally started (and finished thankfully!) wrapping all of our Christmas presents last night and just have to make a couple more batches of shortbread (I lost count after making my 7th batch this year) and we are DONE! The last hurdle (and it’s a pretty big one) is our big drive down to Victoria on Saturday – wish me luck!
I’d like to thank every singe one of you who has linked up, read and been involved in Fabulous Foodie Fridays this year, when we started this over 18 months ago we never realised just how much of an amazing community we would have here. I’d also like to say a HUGE thank you to my fantastic co-host Lucy who puts up with my last minute emails each week asking who’s turn it is to send the email or share recipes on our Facebook page – yep I have a memory like a sieve! I’d also like to thank Dannielle from Zamamabakes for helping us co-host this year as well.
To finish off the year we decided to share a few of our favourite recipes from throughout the year, and with more than 2000 recipes linked up trying to choose just five is IMPOSSIBLE! A few which have stuck out for me include:
These Mini Meat Loaves with BBQ Glaze from The Annoyed Thyroid have become a staple in our house and are lovingly referred to as ‘Meat Cakes’.
Another Fabulous Foodie Fridays recipe that has become a staple here is this Honey Butter Loaf from Boiled Eggs and Soldiers, it’s so easy to make and I love how it uses pantry staples!
For the past few months I’ve been living with two Dragon obsessed little people so I tried to make my own version of these Viking Burgers from Boy Eats World. They may not have looked quite as good but they sure tasted pretty amazing!
I’m a little obsessed with ALL the recipes from The Sweetest Kitchen and these Chocolate Cookie Dough Cups are one of my favourites.
I think a slice of this Crunchy Chewy M&M Brownie Slice from Treat Yourself Sweeter is a fitting way to finish off my last list of favourites for the year.
Make sure you visit Bake Play Smile to check out Lucy’s picks!
Merry Christmas and Thank You!
THE RULES FOR THE PARTY ARE SIMPLE:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!