Happy Friday! Welcome back for another fun filled Friday filled to the brim with foodie fabulousness! Thank you to everyone who linked up with us last week, again it was really tough picking our favourites.
I couldn’t go past this Malteser Cake from TOMFO… How decadent does it look? I think I’ve found the next celebration cake I will be making!
When I see gorgeous Thermomix recipes like these Healthy Banana & Caramel Muffins from Mrs D Plus 3, I REALLY wish I had a Thermomix!
Don’t forget to visit Bake Play Smile and check out Lucy’s favourite recipes too..
These frosted M&M Vanilla Cupcakes were inspired by the pictures of ‘Funfetti’ cupcakes I have seen on Pintrest and Facebook. Who doesn’t love a perfect frosted vanilla cupcake? To make these yummy and cute cupcakes even more fun, I decided to add Mini M&Ms to the batter.
The sound of these colourful little chocolate treats falling into the cupcake batter was enough to make me smile, and also gain the attention of my little helper. My biggest tip – make sure you use the lowest speed when combining the M&M’s with the cupcake batter, you don’t want to crush them!
My little helper was quickly on the scene to help me spoon the cupcake mixture into these pretty cases I picked up from Aldi for a bargain. These cases are a little smaller than a standard cupcake case and I ended up with 18 cupcakes, instead of the usual 12 this recipe makes – not that I was complaining!
The vanilla frosting is what really makes these special. You can use any kind of nozzle to create whatever effect you like. I don’t think you can go past a traditional circular swirl using a star shaped nozzle tip.
Because you can never have enough sugar, I sprinkled 100s and 1000s over the top of these cakes. They just look to pretty to eat!
Here is how to make them:
Frosted M&M Vanilla Cupcakes
- 120 grams unsalted butter – softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 150 g bag of Mini M&Ms
- Vanilla Frosting
- 125 g unsalted butter - softened
- 2 cups of icing sugar - sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 s & 1000s to decorate
- To make the cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases
- Put the butter, sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and eggs in a bowl and beat with electric beaters on a low speed for 2 minutes or until well mixed
- Increase speed and beat for a further 2 minutes or until smooth and pale
- Add the bag of Mini M&Ms and on the lowest speed, mix into the batter.
- Spoon mixture in to cupcake tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack
- To make the Vanilla Frosting
- Cream butter and sugar together using an electric mixer until white and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and continue to beat until combined.
- Put icing into a piping bag, fitted with a star shaped nozzle.
- Pipe icing onto the top of the cupcakes in a circular motion, starting from the outside edge until cupcake is covered.
- Sprinkle 100s & 1000s over the top to decorate.
And now it’s over to you!Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!