Hello and Welcome to another Fabulous Foodie Friday!
After an unseasonably warm weekend, winter has well and truly arrived this week and I’ve even been forced to pop the heater on for an hour or two in the mornings! We’ve had a pretty quiet week, the boys are still coming down from the sugar high they sustained after we celebrated our littlest man turning two on Saturday and they are also still a little sad that their beloved “Nanny” had to fly home on Sunday after spending the week with us.
We kept the birthday celebrations really simple and just invited a couple of friends over for morning tea on Saturday. I was really relaxed about it all and stuck with recipes I know everyone enjoys and best of all that I could make ahead of time.
The cake was also really simple – did you know you can now buy a special cake tin which creates both numbers AND letters for you? I was all prepared to carve out a number two from a couple of slabs of cake but the tin made it soooo much easier and best of all I didn’t waste any mixture/cake and had enough to make eight cupcakes as well!
After the celebrations were all over on Saturday, I was able to sneak upstairs to my room for a bit of a nanna nap and also had the chance to check out the amazing recipes which were linked up with us last week. There were so many that I pinned in the hope I will get a chance to make one day, but the following recipes all struck a bit of a chord with me.
This cool weather is perfect for yummy recipes liked this Pear and Apple Crumble from Life at Number Five.
I love how versatile these Pumpkin and Parmesan Muffins by Plus Ate Six are, they would be the perfect finger food at a dinner party and also be right at home as a snack for the kids.
French Toast is a big favourite of mine and I just LOVE the look of this Savoury French Toast created by the very clever Bec from Dancing Through Sunday.
You really can’t go wrong with any recipe which contains bacon and this Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by Homemade Hooplah looks all kinds of amazing!
We have a slight obsession for pasta in our house, so I know this PLT Pasta by Scribe and Spoon would be popular with everyone.
Lauren from Create Bake Make , Lucy from Bake Play Smile and now Dannielle from Zamamabakes have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 3 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
THE RULES FOR THE PARTY ARE SIMPLE:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile, Create Bake Make and Zamamabakes permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!
Post links to all your Foodie Fabulousness here..