Welcome to our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party! Once again we had an amazing collection of recipes linked up last week…. 65 delicious sweet and savoury recipes to be exact! I don’t know about you, but these FFF parties are making it super easy for me to decide what to make for dinner or what to bake on the weekend… soooo many great ideas! Anyway, after much serious thinking and deliberation, here are my five favourite picks from last weeks party:
These Spiral Sprinkle Biscuits from Sweet Natured Kitchen are so pretty and dainty – they may just be too cute to eat!
My boys and I just LOVE cheese, so these Super Quick and Easy Cheese Puffs from Just a Mum would be a big hit in our household – the perfect afternoon snack!
Yes, it may be totally retro, but who can go past a Spinach Cob Loaf Dip? Not only do they taste amazing, but there are no dishes to clean up afterwards! A big thank you to delicious by Ana for sharing this golden oldie.
Risotto is a regular item on our dinner menu, and I love this version from Steph’s Joy – I think the addition of sweet potato and zucchini is a great idea to boost our veggie intake!
Don’t forget to pop over and check out the lovely Lucy’s picks at Bake Play Smile too!
And now it’s over to Lucy to share her ‘little bit fancy’ Tomato, Proscuitto and Zucchini Slice recipe with you…
I am a huge zucchini slice fan. In fact, there’s been times that I have taken it to work for lunch every single day for a whole week (hmm perhaps I didn’t love it so much by the end of the week!). Anyway, while there is nothing wrong with the traditional version of zucchini slice, there’s also nothing wrong with mixing it up a little. You know, adding a little spice to life, or whatever the saying is! Umm, is it sad that I’m talking about adding spice to life by changing a zucchini slice recipe???
So now that winter is here (damn you winter….), it was definitely time to make a zucchini slice for a yummy, warm lunch. Now, in a roundabout way, I actually have to thank my husband for this recipe. You see, he did the grocery shopping on the weekend for us. Yep totally on his own. I LOVE it when he does the grocery shopping, because not only do I not have to do it, but he always comes home with the best stuff. He is literally like a kid in a candy store! This time we ended up with two blocks of chocolate and a bag of M&Ms. Sweet!!! But we also ended up with a truckload of prosciutto!! Normally I order about 100g (considering there’s only two of us), but god knows how much he got. It was A LOT. Mind you, I was not going to question why we would need such a huge portion of prosciutto, because the chance of him doing the groceries again would have probably gone down… and I did not want that to happen.
And so, I had a little brainwave and decided to make a prosciutto, tomato and zucchini slice. I know bacon or ham is the usual when it comes to zucchini slice, but prosciutto just has such a beautiful, rich flavour and it really did make the slice even better. I also added some cute little halved cherry tomatoes on top and voila, there you have it, a slightly fancier version of zucchini slice!
Oh yep and if you’re wondering, I did secretly include a couple of carrots and an onion in the slice too! Zucchini slice is seriously one of the best ways possible to eat heaps of vegetables without even knowing you’re doing so.
Scroll below the recipe for adjusted Thermomix instructions.
Tomato, Prosciutto & Zucchini Slice
- 100 grams cheddar cheese grated (about 1 cup)
- 375 grams zucchini about 2 zucchinis, grated
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 onion large, finely chopped
- 75 g prosciutto finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams self raising flour 1 cup
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- salt and peper to taste
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the flour and beat until smooth, then add zucchini, carrot, onion, prosciutto, cheese and oil and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Place the halved cherry tomatoes into the top of the slice.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Preheat oven to 170°C.
Grease and line a 30 x 20cm lamington pan.
Cube cheddar cheese, place in the TM bowl and grate on 5 secs / speed 6. Set aside.
Place zucchini, carrot, onion and prosciutto in the TM bowl and chop on speed 5 for 3-4 seconds.
Add SR flour, oil, eggs and salt/pepper to the TM bowl and mix on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
Add grated cheese and combine all ingredients on speed 3 for 30-40 seconds on reverse.
Pour into the prepared pan.
Place the halved cherry tomatoes into the top of the slice.
Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!