Welcome back to another week of Fabulous Foodie Friday fun! There was another collection of wonderful recipes last week, thank you to everyone who joined in. Can you believe we are up to week 12, where has that time gone? I’m really enjoying discovering new recipe ideas as well as new bloggers, the talent that is out there is just amazing.
It’s soooo hard to pick just five favourites, you guys are just too talented! Here are my top picks this week:
4. I love to give people baked goods for Christmas and Birthdays. I’ve saved this versatile Lemon Truffle recipe from the talented Land of Zonkt for future reference. My favourite combination was the Pistachio and Lemon Truffles 🙂
Don’t forget to visit Bake Play Smile to check out Lucy’s favourites.
Last week Lucy shared with us her delicious Fruit and Nut Baked Muesli, so this week I thought I’d share my recipe for an easy and yummy chicken dinner. This recipe made enough for three adults and two toddlers and was given a big thumbs up from everyone, admittedly my toddler thought the chicken pieces were nuggets – whatever works! I love the addition of paprika roasted tomatoes, they give the meal a little kick and the juice from the tomatoes provides a yummy dressing.
If you don’t have Pak Choy, you could use any green leafy vegetable – spinach or kale would work well.
There really isn’t a lot of prep involved with this recipe – which makes it the perfect easy weeknight meal. Each element is easy to prepare and make, then all you need to do is mix it all together!
Want to create this simple and delicious meal at home?
- 3 small bunches of Pak Choy
- 3 to matoes - quartered
- 1/2 cup of green beans cut into small pieces can use frozen beans
- 300 g skinless chicken breast - diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and place quartered tomatoes on a tray lined with baking paper. Lightly drizzle with Olive Oil and sprinkle Paprika over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until tomatoes are browning and beginning to fall apart.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a large frying pan over a medium/high heat. Add diced chicken and cook for 3 -4 minutes until chicken begins to brown.
- Drain Quinoa well before adding it to a small saucepan with water and cooking as per packet instructions.
- Add sliced beans and Pak Choy to the frypan with chicken. Cook for a further five minutes until chicken is cooked through and Pak Choy has wilted.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pak choy and beans with the roasted tomatoes. Add the quinoa and gently mix together with a spoon.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 5 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!