Welcome to December!! We are certainly on the home stretch now and this is our third last Fabulous Foodie Friday party for the year – can you believe it?!?! We will be taking a break over the Christmas period and will instead share some of our favourite sweet and savoury posts from the link up this year. We’d love to hear your favourites recipes – feel free to leave a comment or send us an email and let us know!
Now let’s jump straight into my favourites this week:
For our family summer equals barbecues, and we will definitely be trying out these Moroccan Lamb Burgers from Always made with Love.
We could all do with a bit more ‘glow’ right?!!? I can’t wait to try these yummy ‘Oh she glows’ balls from Boiled Eggs and Soldiers.
Stir Fry is always popular in our house, so I will certainly be adding this Thai Beef Stir Fry from Peregrination Gourmande to our menu plan soon.
I really think I need to try this slow cooker fudge I keep hearing about and this Irish Cream Fudge from My Little Drummer Boys looks like the perfect recipe to start with!
It was no surprise at all that these Triple Chocolate Malteser Balls from Zamamabakes was one of the most popular recipes last week!
Don’t forget to check out Lucy’s picks over at Bake Play Smile.
Well now that Christmas really isn’t too far away (less than three weeks now people!) there always seems to be some party or celebration to attend, and more people you need to give a gift to. I’m here to help with this Easy Christmas Cookie Recipe. These cookies are soooo easy to make (it’s the same base as my go to chocolate chip cookie recipe) and by simply adding some red and green M&Ms (you can find special Christmas packs at your local supermarket) you have got yourself a the perfect treat to take along to your next celebration, a gift for a special teacher, friend or family member or simply enjoy them yourself!
To make these Easy Christmas Cookies, you will need:
125 of butter – softened
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cups of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of desiccated coconut
100g of red and green M&Ms
Let’s put it together!
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until it’s pale and creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time, making sure you combine well between each addition.
Remove the bowl from the stand and carefully stir through the flour, baking powder, coconut and M&Ms.
Roll tablespoons of mixtures into balls, before placing on the baking trays. Make sure you leave enough space in between each cookie as they will spread.
Flatten the top of the cookie slightly and continue to create cookies until all the mixture has been used.
Place baking trays in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minute or until the cookies begin to brown on top.
Let the cookies cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!