YUM! That’s really the only introduction these cookies need. They are super rich and indulgent with the inclusion of dark brown sugar and cacao powder. I decided to use these ingredients to add extra depth, however you can use brown sugar and cocoa if you prefer and they will still taste delicious!
Yes, these may be similar to the Triple Chocolate Cookies I have made in the past – but let’s be honest, you can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes, and I’m happy to keep baking them until I find the perfect recipe!
Dark Chocolate Cookies with White Choc Chips
- 125 g softened butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- ½ cup cacao powder you can substitute for cocoa if you prefer
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Sift flour and cacao over butter/sugar mixture
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined
- Place tablespoon sized balls of mixture onto trays, leaving approx 3cm between cookies.
- Press down the top of each cookie with the back of a spoon and bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to rack.
Do you have an amazing choc chip cookie recipe you would like to share?
Linking up with The Multitasking Mummy for Mummy Mondays