This post is in collaboration with Cake 2 The Rescue
I don’t know about you but I feel like Christmas is approaching WAAAY too fast and our calendar is already filling up fast with parties and get togethers. I’m always up for ways to save time and avoid stress when it comes to catering for parties, and that’s where Cake 2 The Rescue comes in.
Cake 2 the Rescue is a Queensland based business which supplies EVERYTHING that you need to create an amazing, delicious and memorable cake for your next celebration. We’ve had fun putting together Cake 2 The Rescue creation in the past, so I was more than happy to try one of Baker Girl Lou’s amazing new Christmas cake creations.
Our Christmas Tree cake kit arrived super fast (the next day) and upon opening the box, I was impressed again by it’s contents, with every little detail required to make the cake included – from a box to bake it in, all the ingredients, a cake board, decorations, a server and even candles!
The cake itself is VERY easy to put together and I was able to make it one night during that crazy time between dinner and bed. The next day I got up early to cut the cake, ice it and make the fondant decorations before my little helpers got up, that way it everything would be ready for them to start decorating.
Cutting the cake into the shape of a Christmas Tree was really easy thanks to the great templates, and there was also more than enough fondant included to make our decorations for the tree.
All of the instructions to decorate the cake are included, and we also checked out the online tutorials by the incredibly talented Baker Girl Lou. These tutorials are great and include everything from tips on how to ice your cake with frosting and fondant, how to create the perfect character face and even how to create perfect cake corners.
Cake 2 the Rescue really has thought about every little detail when it comes to their cake kits and the boys absolutely loved watching ‘their’ Christmas Tree take shape. It took not time at all to prepare the cake so that my little helpers could be let loose and with a little help from the pictures included, I think they did a pretty good job decorating the cake all by themselves!
If you are looking to take away some of the stress involved with hosting a Christmas Party or even Christmas Day, why not check out Cake 2 The Rescue. With a huge range of competitively priced cake kits available, you are guaranteed to find a cake your whole family will love. To view the full range of available cake kits, visit http://www.cake2therescue.com.au
Thanks to Cakes 2 The Rescue you can win your very own Christmas Cake Kit!
To enter all you need to do is answer one simple question:
What’s been you biggest Christmas cooking disaster?
The most creative answer as deemed by the judges will win.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Entries close at 11.59pm Friday 27th of November – AEST.
- This competition is open to Australian residents only.
- The prize is one Cake 2 The Rescue Christmas Cake Kit, this prize is not transferrable or redeemable for cash.
- This is a game of skill, the winner will be chosen based on the most creative answer as determined by the judges.
- All entries require an active email address to be valid.
- The judges decision is final and no discussions regarding the result will be entered into.
- The winner will be announced on this blog by Monday 30th November 2015.
- To ensure delivery in time for Christmas, please order your cake by the 14th of December.
- The prize will be issued by Cakes 2 The Rescue. Neither Cakes 2 The Rescue or Create Bake Make take any responsibility for the prize after it has been put into the post.
- This prize includes one cake kit from Cake 2 the Rescue and it also includes postage and handing.
Disclosure: I was gifted a Cake 2 The Rescue Christmas Tree Cake Kit for the purpose of this review. All opinions and recommendations are my own.