I may possibly be crazy. As well as working my way through the McAlpin’s Recipe Book, I’ve decided to also work my way through the Donna Hay Simple Essentials Chocolate book. It’s worth it though, these Triple Chocolate Cookies are possibly the BEST chocolate cookies I have ever tasted. They remind me of my favourite triple choc cookies from Mrs Fields. The original recipe is for Double Chocolate cookies, instead of just using chopped dark chocolate, I used half white and half dark. They were so good I ate four in one sitting… and then felt guilty for the rest of the day! The dough was also very yummy, and I may have possibly made a few more biscuits if I had not been sneaking spoonfuls whilst waiting for the first batch to bake.
As with all Donna Hay recipes, it is a super easy recipe to follow & the end result is well worth it.
Chocolate Goodness - Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 110 g unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g dark chocolate melted
- 150 g of dark chocolate extra roughly chopped
- 150 g of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir through the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and melted chocolate
- Add the extra chopped chocolate and stir to combine
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into rounds
- Place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, allowing room for the cookies to spread and flatten slightly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slight cracks have formed
- Cool on wire racks