Is everyone else drooling over the new blocks of chocolate Cadbury have released? As soon as I spied the block of Picnic chocolate at Coles recently, it went straight into the trolley.
Picnics are one of my all time favourite chocolate bars. I’m not sure why, but I always felt so grown up when I was lucky enough to have them as a child. I wasn’t even at the checkout, and I’d already planned to make this slice when I got home. With only FOUR ingredients needed, I knew I’d be enjoying this yummy slice in no time.
Cadbury Picnic Slice
- 1 pack of Marie Biscuits
- 200 ml of Condensed Milk half a tin
- 200 g block of Cadbury Picnic Chocolate
- 125 g of butter
- Coconut to decorate
- Line a slice tray with baking paper, make sure you leave enough to overhang the edges
- Crush Biscuits and pour into a large bowl. You can use a food processor to do this, or you can just bash them with the end of a rolling pin like I do!
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave - I cook it for 30 second spurts and mix in between.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate as well as the condensed milk to the crushed biscuits and using a large metal spoon, stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the lined slice tin, and use the back of the spoon to press down and flatten the surface.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top if desired, pop it into the fridge for 2 hours to set, cut into small pieces and enjoy!
The possibilities of this recipe are really only limited by the different varieties of chocolate available. I’ve also made it with Caramello Chocolate, and I’m now thinking Hazelnut Chocolate may be next?
What’s your favourite block of chocolate? I need some ideas!