Right off the bat I will admit to eating three of these muffins today…. THREE WHOLE MUFFINS – Yikes! We had a friend visit this morning, and I had the very best intentions of making some healthy protein balls, or a cake from one of my whole food recipe books. Sometimes though all you feel like is a simple, chocolately, unhealthy muffin.
These are really simple to make, the recipe is from a book sold by a local netball club. What makes these extra special is using Cadbury Dark Choc Chip bits, I can be a little bit of a chocolate snob, and in my opinion there is nothing better than Cadbury chocolate for cooking (except maybe Callebut Chocolate…. yum!
2 1/2 cups self raising flour – sifted
1/2 cup brown sugar
260g of chocolate chips – I used a whole bag of Cadbury Dark Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups milk
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g unsalted butter – melted and cooled
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees (Fan forced) and line 2 x muffin trays with paper cases.
– Sift flour into bowl, add brown sugar and stir to combine, making a well in the centre
– In a jug, mix together milk, eggs and vanilla essence. Pour liquid into the flour well, add melted butter and gently fold mixture together until it has just combined.
– Fill muffin cases approximately 3/4 full of mixture and bake for 18 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through.
– Cool in tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely