If you are looking for something a little special to start (or even end!) your day with, these 3 Ingredient Nutella Croissants are for you! All you need is three kitchen staples (after all who doesn’t have a jar of nutella in the pantry!) to put these together and within half an hour you will be enjoying these crispy and delicious croissants.
There really isn’t much to it when it comes to putting these together, in fact the hardest part is probably rolling and shaping these Nutella croissants to give them their distinctive ‘croissant’ shape
This is also a great recipe to get the kids involved with, just be warned you may end up with some interesting shaped croissants!
3 Ingredient Nutella Croissants
- 3 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg – lightly beaten
- 1 cup of Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and cover two baking trays with baking paper.
- Break the egg into a small bowl and lightly whisk before setting aside until needed.
- Place one piece of slightly thawed puff pastry onto your bench. Cut it in half lengthways and then cut each half diagonally, so that you end up with four rectangles per sheet of pastry. Continue to cut each sheet of pastry until you have 12 rectangles.
- Brush the two long edges with the beaten egg, and place a heaped teaspoon of Nutella in the middle of the base of the triangle.
- Beginning at the short end (the one with the Nutella) roll the pastry up and gently bend the centre of the rolled pastry to give it a curved ‘croissant’ shape.
- Continue until all rectangles have been rolled and bent, then place on a baking tray and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden.
What’s your favourite breakfast treat?