Pancakes are a weekend tradition in our house and we are all loving this easy Fluffy American Pancakes recipe!
Ok so Pancakes may not be the healthiest way to start your day, but if you add some fruit to your plate surely that helps right!?! Pancakes are a bit of a weekend tradition in our house and both my husband and I claim to make the best ones and we *may* also bribe the boys to agree with us!
When I made these pancakes for the boys recently, no bribery was needed at all for them to declare that “Mummy’s pancakes are the best” as they were thick, fluffy and just so delicious – even when drowned in strawberry jam! The secret to these Fluffy American Pancakes really is leaving them to rest, as the gluten begins to break down and it results in a soft and fluffy pancake – just typing that last sentence has made me hungry!
While the boys were happy to eat their pancakes with strawberry jam, we couldn’t resist the traditional maple syrup topping with a few blueberries on top to help ease some of the guilt from eating waaaaay too many!
Thermomix Easy Fluffy American Pancakes
- Place 30g of butter into your thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 1 to melt.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, caster sugar, eggs and milk to the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine.
- Let the pancake mixture sit for 20 or so minutes – if you can.
- Preheat a large non stick frying pan over a medium high heat and add a little of the extra butter to coat the pan.
- Pour the pancake mixture into the pan to create 4 pancakes and cook for approximately 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancake and cook for a further one minute.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate (or thermoserver to keep warm) and repeat until you have used all of the mixture.
If you are after some more pancake ideas, make sure you check out this collection of my favourite pancake recipes.