This post is bought to you by Gloria Jean’s Coffees and Nuffnang
Ok, so Christmas is just over a week away and while I’m pretty organised (and almost finished my shopping thank goodness!) my plan to avoid ALL shopping centres once the 1st of December hit hasn’t quite gone to plan. This week I had to make one last trip to pick up a few things I had forgotten (which let’s face it, ALWAYS happens!) and unfortunately had to take all three of the boys along with me. While wrangling the Christmas crowds with the boys wasn’t a whole lot of fun (and don’t even get me started about the parking situation) we did manage to find some time to stop and relax at Gloria Jean’s Coffees, where the boys enjoyed a chiller and gingerbread biscuit and I tried one of their new Candy Cane drinks from the limited edition ‘Taste the Twist’ Christmas range.
I really don’t need much of an excuse to visit Gloria Jean’s Coffees anyway (yep, I’m a coffee addict) so I was more than happy to stop by to try their new range. In the lead up to Christmas, Gloria Jean’s Coffees has released a selection of special ‘Taste the Twist’ drink and food items which include the: Candy Cane Mocha, Candy Cane Chiller (which is ah-mazing!) and delicious S’mores. As you can see from above Mr 4 was keen to get his hands on my Candy Cane Chiller (and I don’t blame him as after all it did taste like candy cane and white chocolate and was topped with crushed candy cane pieces!) but I had to gently remind him it was a ‘Mummy Drink’ and that I needed to drink it all for my ‘work’ as I’d been asked to come up with a recipe inspired by Gloria Jean’s Coffees’ ‘Taste the Twist’ range – a challenge I just couldn’t refuse!
After some brainstorming (which made me super hungry!) I decided to put my own twist on my favourite Cheesecake Brownie brownie recipe and incorporate Gloria Jean’s own coffee and candy cane inspired flavour into the recipe. The result is this delicious (and oh so simple) Mocha Brownies with Peppermint Cheesecake Swirl.
Chocolate and coffee are two ingredients which just belong together and these Mocha Brownies have a delicious rich coffee flavour which is perfectly complemented by the light and creamy peppermint cheesecake swirl – just like the Candy Cane Mocha and Chillers! Even my non coffee drinking husband LOVED these brownies and just quietly, I think you are going to love them too!
Mocha Brownies with Peppermint Cheesecake Swirl Thermomix Instructions
- Line 18 x 28cm slice tin with baking paper and pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place the butter (which has been cubed) into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 to melt.
- Add the cocoa, 1 cup of caster sugar, two eggs, coffee and flour to the bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 to combine. Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and use a spoon to cover the base. Set aside until needed.
- Insert the butterfly attachment into a clean Thermomix bowl and add the cream cheese, peppermint essence and the remaining two eggs and caster sugar and mix for 30 seconds on speed 2 to combine.
- Pour the peppermint cheesecake mixture over the top of the brownie mixture and use a butter knife to swirl to create a ‘marble’ effect.
- Place the tin into the oven and cook for 40 – 45 minutes or until set.
- Carefully remove the tin from the oven and let it cool completely in the tin before cutting into pieces.
So if you are also hitting the shops in the lead up to Christmas, make sure you pop into your local Gloria Jean’s coffee house and try their sweet Candy Cane Mocha, Candy Cane Chiller and S’mores before they disappear after Christmas!