This Mint Maltesers Chocolate Ripple Cake is a delicious alternative to a traditional Chocolate Ripple Cake!
If I had to choose my favourite go to easy dessert, Chocolate Ripple Cakes would certainly be one of my top picks. They are just SO EASY to make and best of all can be put together ahead of time. I’ve experimented with a few different versions in the past such as my Caramel Chocolate Ripple Cake and Chocolate Christmas Pudding Chocolate Ripple Cake and I just couldn’t resist coming up with a new version using Mint Maltesers.
You will need two packets of Mint Maltesers to make this dessert but don’t worry there will be a few left over for you to enjoy as you make it! I recently made this Mint Maltesers Chocolate Ripple Cake when we had some friends and their kids over and it was a big hit with everyone, with most people going back for seconds!
If you can’t find Mint Maltesers, don’t worry! You can also use the dark or milk chocolate varieties and it will still taste great. If you are a big mint fan, you can also add a couple of drops of peppermint essence when whipping the cream to create mint flavoured whipped cream.
Mint Maltesers Chocolate Ripple Cake
- 300 mls of thickened cream
- 1 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 250 g of Chocolate Ripple Biscuits
- 2 x 140g packs of Mint Maltesers
- Pour the thickened cream into a large bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla essence. Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- Place a large serving plate onto your bench and place a little of the whipped cream onto the base as this will help support your filled biscuits.
- Place a little cream between two chocolate ripple biscuits and stand them on your plate in the cream. Repeat until you have completed your Chocolate Ripple log.
- Use a spatula to spread a thick layer of cream all over your Chocolate Ripple Cake. Make sure it’s covered well and you can’t see any of the biscuits.
- Roughly chop 6 Mint Maltesers into pieces and place on top of your cake. Place Mint Maltesers around the edges of your Chocolate Ripple Cake to decorate.
- Cover your Mint Maltesers Chocolate Ripple Cake and place in the fridge for 6+ hours to allow the biscuits to soften.
If you can't find Mint Maltesers, you can use dark or milk chocolate ones instead.