I am a HUGE fan of Cobb Loaf Dip recipes, and this Bacon Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Cobb Loaf Dip recipe is my new favourite!
I came up with the combination of bacon, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes when I prepping for Mr 3’s birthday party back in May and had a container of sun-dried tomatoes in the fridge which needed to be used. I added these to my Bacon and Cheese Cobb Loaf recipe (which I didn’t think could be improved!) and everyone absolutely LOVED it – even the kids!
While most of this Cobb Loaf was demolished during the party, there was some left over which we covered and popped into the fridge. The next day I re-heated it in the oven for my lunch (hey I was pregnant at the time!!) and it tasted even BETTER than the day before – if that’s possible!
This Bacon Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Cobb Loaf Dip recipe is perfect for entertaining as you can make it advance (just add the dip to the cobb loaf when you want to serve) and best of all there are no dishes to clean up afterwards! It’s also a great snack to enjoy on a lazy weekend while you are watching a movie, just wait until the kids are in bed though so you don’t have to share!
Thermomix Bacon Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Cobb Loaf Dip Recipe
- Line a tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 190 degrees.
- Cut a circle on top of your Cobb Loaf and carefully remove the ‘lid’. Scoop out the soft bread inside the Cobb Loaf and set aside.
- Place the bacon and spring onions into your Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6.
- Add 20g of olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 REVERSE.
- Add the cream cheese, thickened cream, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, sun-dried tomatoes along with salt and pepper and combine for 20 seconds on speed 3 REVERSE.
- Spoon the dip mixture into the hollowed Cob Loaf and put the lid back on. Cover the top of the Cobb Loaf with foil and place it onto the prepared baking tray and into the oven to bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, remove the foil and add the bread pieces your removed earlier to the tray. Bake for a further 10 – 15 minutes until the bread pieces turn golden brown.