Maltesers MaltEaster Bunnies are hands down my favourite Easter chocolate treat – a big call I know! These Malteaster Bunny Cupcakes are a great way of combining my love for these chocolate treats with another one of my big loves – cake!
Not that I really need much of an excuse to make cupcakes, but these Malteaster Bunny Cupcakes are a fun Easter project to make with the kids (especially when they are bored!!) and my boys had a great time decorating their ‘special cakes’ – although they may have eaten a few too many of the easter eggs!
We decided to keep things simple with our decorations and just used a few M&M’s Speckled Easter Eggs to decorate them (also another one of my favourites!) but you can go as all out as you like with your decorations, personally I also LOVE these Malteser Bunny Chocolate Cupcakes from Bake Play Smile, how could anyone resist a cupcake topped with Maltesers?!
Thermomix MaltEaster Bunny Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, milk and eggs into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 5 before scraping the sides and mixing for a further 15 seconds on speed 5 or until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- Place the mixture into your prepared cupcake tray and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes begin to turn golden on top and are cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the trays from the oven and allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Follow the instructions from step 7 as above.
What’s your favourite Easter baking recipe?
For more great Easter recipes, make sure you check out our new Easter Ebook and use the code ‘easter’ to receive 50% off!