Over the past couple of months we’ve had an influx of visitors at our house which has been the perfect opportunity for me to make all of those recipes I’ve been meaning to try for ages. I came across the idea for this baked Caramel Lattice Cheesecake Slice recipe from one I spotted on Donna Hay’s website and decided to modify it based on the ingredients and equipment I already had.
I made this Cheesecake Slice for my Mum and Sister who are both huge cheesecake fans and can never resist anything with caramel in it either! One of the things I like about using the lattice biscuits for this recipe is that it makes it super easy to cut this slice into perfect sized squares and there is no arguing (well in theory!) over who has the bigger piece!
Thermomix Caramel Lattice Cheesecake Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees and line a 20 cm x 20 cm cake tin with baking paper. Place a layer of the lattice biscuits sugar side down along the bottom of the lined tin.
2. Place the softened cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract and golden syrup into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl before mixing for a further 30 seconds on speed 5 or until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add both of the eggs and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 3. Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 3.
4. Pour the caramel cheesecake mixture over the top of the lattice biscuits already in the prepared tin and lightly smooth the surface.
5. Cover the surface of the cheesecake with Lattice biscuits, placing them sugar side up and place the tin into the oven for 45 minutes or until it has little give when tested.
6. Allow the cheesecake to cool on your bench for 10 minutes before transferring it to the fridge to cool completely – give it at least 2 hours. Once chilled, remove from fridge and tin and cut into pieces to enjoy.
This Caramel Lattice Cheesecake Slice was a huge hit with everyone and we were all a little disappointed when the last piece mysteriously disappeared from the fridge – especially when no one would own up to eating it!
Do you like to try new recipes when you have visitors too?