Thank you for all of the birthday love last week. It was a fairly quiet day in preparation to spend the next night down in Surfers Paradise staying at the amazing QT Gold Coast. Although we were there for less than a day I think I managed to eat three days worth of food in between the buffet at Bazaar Restaurant and a spectacular QTea the next morning. The food was out of this world and it was nice to get away, even if it was just for a night – after all who wouldn’t enjoy waking up to this view!
Our QTea High Tea was definitely a highlight and while it was a tough call, my favourite sweet treat was the Raspberry and White Chocolate Chip Scone Cupcake with Jam centre and whipped Vanilla Cream – just writing those words makes me want to eat another one now!
I’ve got so many ideas for recipes I want to try and recreate after this high tea and will share some more details about our experience in the next few days. When we finally came back to reality, I enjoyed sneaking some time alone while the boys ventured out to a Lego exhibition to read through the recipes linked up with us last week. It was hard as always trying to come up with my favourites, but I couldn’t go past these five this week:
I’ve jumped onto the soup bandwagon this week and will be making this Spicy Tomato Soup from My Brown Paper Packages very soon.
I need to get myself a slow cooker just so I can make this Curried Sausages recipe from The Annoyed Thyroid.
I need this Salted Caramel Sauce from the Sweetest Menu in my life RIGHT NOW!
This recipe from My Kitchen Stories for a Chicken and Chickpeas in a Creamy Spinach Coconut Sauce would make the perfect winter weekend dinner.
Any recipe that can be cooked and on my plate in 15 minutes is a winner for me! This Pea, Pancetta and Lemon Spaghetti from Boiled Eggs and Soldiers looks delicious.
Lauren from Create Bake Make , Lucy from Bake Play Smile and now Dannielle from Zamamabakes have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.Each week we’ll select 3 of our favourite recipes to feature on the following Fabulous Foodie Fridays link up party, so be sure to check back and see if your recipe is featured.
THE RULES FOR THE PARTY ARE SIMPLE:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile, Create Bake Make and Zamamabakes permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!
Post links to all your Foodie Fabulousness here..