Hello and Welcome!
If you’re visiting for the first time, here’s a little bit of info about how the party runs. Each Friday (well actually, late each Thursday night), Lucy from Bake Play Smile and I host a Fabulous Foodie Fridays party. We ask food bloggers to link up their favourite recipes for us to share… which both inspire us and make us drool just a little! It’s a little bit like an instant cookbook each and every week (and a great place to do your meal planning for the following week). We also feature five of our favourite recipes from the week before – and so, here are my picks from last week!
This Chai Tea and Banana Smoothie recipe from Land of Zonkt combines two of my favourite things. I’ve made this smoothie a couple of times now and it’s wonderful.
There was no way that I could not include this indulgent Banoffee Chocolate Slice from Peregrination Gourmande and I will be making this one VERY soon!
Anything with chicken as an ingredient is always popular with my boys, and I know these Bbq chicken quesadillas from Dorm Room Baker will be a big hit.
As soon as I saw ‘Healthified’ and ‘Chocolate’ in the title, I knew this Healthified Chocolate Tart from Treat Yourself Sweeter had to go straight onto my must bake list.
I had the pleasure of tasting one (ok maybe two) of these Nut Free Snack Bites from Zamamabakes last week and they are absolutely delicious!
Don’t forget to pop over and check out Lucy’s faves too. And now it’s over to Lucy for this weeks feature an easy Coconut Ice recipe!
This week I thought I’d share a very old-school recipe that reminds me of school fetes, farmers markets and homemade cake stalls.This easy Coconut Ice recipe is as pretty as it is delicious. Mind you, I think the reason that coconut ice is associated with fetes and stalls is because it’s so super sweet, you can only eat a tiny amount at a time!
Now with Valentines Day around the corner, this recipe is perfect. You don’t even need to make it for your special someone (although I’m sure they would love you even more if you did). Instead, you could use a little heart cookie cutter and take the coconut ice into work for a Valentines Day surprise, or perhaps make a big batch and have afternoon treats sorted for a week.
I love this recipe because it’s so simple. It’s completely no-bake and takes less than 10 minutes to make. And who on earth doesn’t love a totally yummy and ridiculously easy recipe?
Easy Coconut Ice Recipe
- 300 g 2 cups pure icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 395 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 5-6 drops pink food colouring
- Grease and line a 20 X 30cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper (allowing the edges to overhang).
- Sift the cream of tartar and sugar into a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and coconut and stir until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally into two bowls.
- Add the food colouring, one drop at a time, into one of the bowls, until desired colour is achieved and stir well to combine.
- Place the white mixture into the base of the pan and use a spoon to firmly press down and level out.
- Carefully spread the pink mixture over the top and press down firmly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow to fully set before cutting.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!