Hello and welcome to our first Fabulous Foodie Fridays party of 2015!! We both really hope you all have had a beautiful Christmas and relaxing break over the holidays. We’re so excited about 2015 – there’s going to be so many great things happening and we can’t wait to see Fabulous Foodie Fridays continue to grow and are looking forward to seeing what amazing creations you guys come up with this year!
Because our FFF parties have had a little holiday over the last few weeks, we don’t have our usual favourite 5 picks (don’t worry, they’ll be back up and running again next week)… but we do have one super delicious recipe that your whole family will love. Like really, really love! So now it’s over to Lucy for a recipe that is perfect for an easy Friday night dinner.
Hi guys! When I think of Friday night dinners, I usually think of pizza! It’s a pretty (ok…. a very) regular thing in our house to have homemade pizza on a Friday night and this is mine and my husband’s absolute favourite, number 1 pizza. It’s seriously the best thing ever. Yep, it’s a prosciutto, bocconcini and rocket pizza. If you’ve ever had it before, you’ll know what I mean…. AMAZING!!! The best version of this pizza I’ve ever had was in Venice – sorry I can’t beat that one, but this comes incredibly close!
All you need is a glass of wine, a good movie and your Friday night is sorted. Make this and I promise you’ll never want takeaway pizza again. It’s so fresh, light and totally addictive. Happy Friday everyone! xxx
Prosciutto, Bocconcini & Rocket Pizza - Fabulous Foodie Fridays #33
- Pizza Base
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water you may need a little more!
- 1 sachet of yeast
- Pizza Topping:
- 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 6 rashers of shortcut bacon
- 1/3 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 8 baby bocconcini balls
- 100 g of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 50 g of fresh rocket
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and lightly spray a pizza tray.
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the sugar, salt and oil.
- Put the yeast sachet into the warm water and leave for a few minutes (or until frothy). Mix together.
- Pour the yeast liquid into the flour and mix together (add more water if needed).
- Knead on a floured board into a nice ball.
- Place in a bowl floating in a sink of hot water (don't let any of the water into the bowl) and cover with a tea towel.
- Leave for 20 minutes to rise.
- Knead the dough on the floured board again.
- Spread the dough onto the tray.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough and add the chopped up bacon.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and bocconcini and cook for a further 5-10 minutes or until the base is starting to be crispy.
- Add the prosciutto and cook for 2-3 minutes until it has just started to crisp.
- Cut into slices and add the fresh rocket on top.
- * To make the dough in the Thermomix, simply heat the yeast and water for 1 minute on 37 degrees, Speed 1. Add all of the other ingredients and mix for 6 seconds on Speed 6 and then knead for 1 and 1/2 minutes on interval speed. Proceed as per conventional instructions.
Lauren from Create Bake Make & Lucy from Bake Play Smile have put their chocolate filled minds together, to bring you the newest and yummiest link up party in town…. Fabulous Foodie Fridays.
The rules for the party are simple:
1. Please only link up food or drink related posts. You can share up to 3 posts each week. They don’t have to be recent posts, but please make them new to the ‘Fabulous Foodie Fridays’ party.
2. Simply add your links and they will automatically show up on both of our blogs… it’s that easy!
3. It’s sooo not a party without mingling…. please visit and comment on at least three other links that are near you in the list.
4. Follow us on social media so you can keep up to date with all the Fabulous Foodie Fridays goss!
5. Feel free to grab the Fabulous Foodie Fridays button and share the love around!
6. Leave a comment below so we know that you came and partied with us – we want to return the favour and visit you too.
* By adding your link, you are giving Bake Play Smile and Create Bake Make permission to post one photo from your post with a link back to the full recipe for party features and future roundups on our blogs and possibly share your image and link on social media. Oh and of course we will also let you know about upcoming Fabulous Foodie Fridays link parties!