When we discovered we were expecting baby boy #3 we were almost out of the nappy/wipes stage with his big brothers and now here we are right back at the beginning – not that I’m complaining though! It’s not such a bad thing to still be needing to buy wipes for the kids as they have so many more uses around the house (and car!) apart from cleaning babies and messy toddlers. I like to buy them both in bulk bags and those handy travel packs to keep in my car, handbag and under the pram as they are my go to item when I need to do a quick clean of practically anything! Over the years I’ve used baby wipes to help clean everything from my kitchen cupboards, car console and remove sudocream from carpet (always a fun job!) Here are 15 ways to use baby wipes around the house that don’t involve changing a nappy:
- Cleaning the dashboard/interior console of the car
- Getting milk and other foods that are stuck to the roof/doors of my car – don’t ask!
- Wiping dust and fingerprints off iPads and computer screens. I also use them to give my mouse and keyboard a clean.
- Removing makeup at the end of the day
- Removing marks/food from the pram
- They help to remove sudocream from carpet which I unfortunately know about thanks to prior experience.
- Cleaning leather couches, especially great at getting milk marks off leather.
- Cleaning skirting boards
- Removing dirt from tricky spots on kids toys
- Cleaning paint/texta/crayon ‘drawings’ from walls and tables
- Wiping down appliances
- Cleaning the kids hands, legs and faces when out and about
- Wiping down tables when at a cafe
- Cleaning your bike – my cycling mad husband suggested this one!
- Cleaning the inside of handbags/cooler bags that can’t be put in the wash
Do you use baby wipes for cleaning too? What do you use them for?
You can read more about my life with three kids here.