If the appetites of my two boys as toddlers is any indication of what they are going to be like once they enter their teenage years – I am seriously worried! They just don’t want to stop eating and if time gets away from me and I don’t have anything ready come mealtimes, I’m faced with two hangry little boys. Although I guess when you don’t stop moving ALL DAY, you are going to work up an appetite.
So that’s why I decided to try and come up with a snack idea that takes as little time as possible to put together and is a great way to help stop those tummies grumbling.
These 10 minute Pita Chips honestly do take just 10 minutes to put together. All you then need is some dip or carrot sticks and cheese and you’ve got an easy snack ready in no time at all.
If you are feeling fancy, you could try sprinkling a little paprika over the top of these before they go in the oven. Alternatively you can also omit the salt if you prefer.
10 Minute Pita Chips
- 2 x Pita Breads
- 1/4 cup of oil - I used Macadamia but you can also use Olive Oil.
- Sea salt flakes to sprinkle
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line two baking trays with baking paper before setting them aside.
- Pour the oil into a small container and have your pastry brush and sea salt flakes close by.
- Cut the pita bread in half and then again so that you have 8 even pieces. Repeat until all of your pita bread has been cut.
- Arrange the pita bread pieces on your baking trays, ensuring they are not on top of each other to help them cook evenly.
- Use your pastry brush to lightly coat the pita bread pieces with oil, before sprinkling them with the sea salt flakes.
- Place the trays in your preheated oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the pita bread begins to brown.
- Remove the trays from the oven and allow the pita bread chips to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Do you have hangry toddlers living in your house too?